vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points

Gsxr 1k mtc slider questions

I know a lot of guys are secretive about their slider set ups but I'm new to the game and got a mtc slider for my 1k. A few questions...

1). Should I remove the rod behind the oil restrictor plug?

2). Is it necessary to drill the oil restrictor for more flow?

3). What air gap seems to work the best on grudge bike's 70+ inches?

4). If you wanna pm me and tell me a set up that runs low 1.20's or teens on a 1k motor or nos ie stall spring height, air gap, weight on arms, etc pleeeeeease feeeeeel freeeeee!! Lol

Similar Threads:
    I'm proud to be a loyal 1320Nation.com Member.

Super Moderator Awards:
    Posting Award

Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveRecommendation First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran25000 Experience Points
    I have never removed the rod.

.050 is ideal, i always shoot for. 045-.048 because after a few shakedowns Im right on point.

Don't know about a gsxr but. 68-.72 always worked for me. Start at 12g of weight and go from there. Get a scale. Increase one gram at a time. Take your time and record Every change and every result.

Your launch rpm will change when you adjust spring height. Find a launch you feel comfortable with

Last edited by Big J; 07-04-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    330LB C4 Racing/ Slo 4 Da Po Racing Super Heavy Hitter
    504-559-6939 TEAM APE SPONSORED
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jarion04/feed

Awards:
    Community Award

Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Achievements:
    Social1000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class1 year registered
    Mr Grey, I wish I could lend more insight bro but this is my first slider bike. Hopefully you'll find out all of the tricks & help me with mine when it gets done

Do Dirty Racing
    Powered by Possum Racing soon
    Nobody Moves, Nobody Gets Hurt

251-895-0485

Administrator
    Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow Frank Adams On Twitter Add Frank Adams on Facebook Add Frank Adams on Google+
    Add Frank Adams on Linkedin Visit Frank Adams's Youtube Channel Visit Frank Adams's Vimeo Channel
    My Mood
    Busy
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Blog entryCreated Album picturesOverdriveYour first GroupRecommendation First ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    To better answer your questions, who's slider are you currently using in your setup? (Slider manufacturer?)

Btw, if we can't answer your questions, we'll get with the source themselves to get you taken care of. More then likely there could be 20-40 others out there want to know the answers to some of your questions. As long as you have a little patients we'll get you hooked up.

Also welcome to 1320Nation.com!

OWNER ADMIN OF:
    1320NATION.COM

www.facebook.com/1320Nation

Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Blah
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveCreated Blog entryRecommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    You can remove the rod, it is only used in hand clutch applications. Its not really necessary to drill the oil restrictor plug in my opinion. I had consistent 1.26 sixtys at 65inches about 5 years ago with my 1k. I was 165lbs with a 03 1k, 1070 motor kit and nitrous.

Slo 4 Da Po /C4 Racing
    Judgement Day 3 ...... Say Sumthin Stupid
    6629077883 Run your bike, not your mouth :turtle: power Inc

Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points
    Hey guys it's a mtc slider and got it for my motor build and I figured id try it on my stock motor and 50 shot while I'm waiting on the motor. It's 70 inch wb and I usually go 1.34 on handclutch all day on it. I got a base tune reccomended by someone of:

.030-.040 air gap
    Medium stall springs set at .700
    And 9 grams on each arm bolt and nut included

Last edited by Mr.Grey; 07-06-2012 at 08:27 PM.
    I'm proud to be a loyal 1320Nation.com Member.

Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entrySocial1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    u dont need the rode i never drilled mine but if ur useing a stock oil pump u might wont to drill it try ur air gap around .048

hope it helps ya

mafia motorsports
    l 08 750 hybrd 1000 swap "only 1 in the country".......bet that! 06 zx14 07zx14 07 1k all bottle fed
    704 202 5732

Super Moderator Awards:
    Posting Award

Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveRecommendation First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran25000 Experience Points
    GET A DIGITAL MICROMETER IF YOU DONT HAVE ONE... get the airgap as close to .050 as possible. My personal favorite is .045 i've gotten good at it. Dont worry about fiber/steel count either. Do what ever you need to get that airgap. Just dont use 2fibers back to back

When you order your clutch packs get a few extra big fibers, they always come in handy.

And I always find it easier to take the hat off and make my measurements. I take it off... and do everything at the kitchen table. If you are comfortable it will always be right. Take your time.. measure and weigh everything 3times. When you get it down its like taking candy from a baby

.030-.040 air gap is too tight.. and be sure to measure the step on your hat accurately.

Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsSocial1 year registered
    You missed a couple of things... yes the fiber steel count does matter... if you get the same AG and have more surface area you will change how the clutch works. If you have to invert and double up plates, the clutch will work just fine. Its has to be the same and consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    GET A DIGITAL MICROMETER IF YOU DONT HAVE ONE... get the airgap as close to .050 as possible. My personal favorite is .045 i've gotten good at it. Dont worry about fiber/steel count either. Do what ever you need to get that airgap. Just dont use 2fibers back to back

When you order your clutch packs get a few extra big fibers, they always come in handy.

And I always find it easier to take the hat off and make my measurements. I take it off... and do everything at the kitchen table. If you are comfortable it will always be right. Take your time.. measure and weigh everything 3times. When you get it down its like taking candy from a baby

.030-.040 air gap is too tight.. and be sure to measure the step on your hat accurately.

Big J likes this.
    ECS Performance Tuning "Mobile Dyno Service, Chassis, Clutch, and Track Setup"
    Worlds quickest and fastest Gordo with no-bars!

Super Moderator Awards:
    Posting Award

Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by TunerRacer View Post
    You missed a couple of things... yes the fiber steel count does matter... if you get the same AG and have more surface area you will change how the clutch works. If you have to invert and double up plates, the clutch will work just fine. Its has to be the same and consistent.
    thanks Walt I wanted to say its ok to double steels to tighten the gap,not fibers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast