Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow Frank Adams On Twitter Add Frank Adams on Facebook Add Frank Adams on Google+
    Add Frank Adams on Linkedin Visit Frank Adams's Youtube Channel Visit Frank Adams's Vimeo Channel
    My Mood
    Busy
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Blog entryCreated Album picturesOverdriveYour first GroupRecommendation First ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

Forum Software Upgrade

Since adding the turbo and nitrous to our site this past December, we have now completed our 4th upgrade on the forum software. I usually never discuss all the improvements in the upgrades but this time I will mention there has been an addition that is similar to tapatalk which is used by those that visit the site with a smartphone. The new setup is called Forum Runner and I will dig up more info on it in the coming days. But from what I know so far is as I've already mentioned is similar to the tapatalk software, but this new deal was created and built by the developer that code the software for this forum. One new thing that stood out to me about it is it has a push notification feature that sends your phone a email when you receive a PM or when someone replies to a thread you are subscribed to. In the little amount that I have read so far there is a free and a $1.99 versions. I think the free version just let you read thread and stuff where as the paid version lets you respond, upload images and so on. I will post up more info soon as I get some other things tweaked out. Btw, my prediction is the new mobile software may have the usual issue just like everything else does when it first rolls out. The big difference with this deal will be that the developers will be on top of any problems and deal with them a lot quicker then most. At any rate you members that visit the site a lot using your phones will soon have a new option that is to be above anything else on the market.

Edit: Forgot to mention android and iphone users can download the free and paid versions in their usual places they get apps from. I'm pretty sure it also applies to blackberry users as well. Forum Runner.

forumrun.jpg

Similar Threads:
    OWNER ADMIN OF:
    1320NATION.COM

www.facebook.com/1320Nation

Administrator
    Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

My Social Networking

Follow Frank Adams On Twitter Add Frank Adams on Facebook Add Frank Adams on Google+
    Add Frank Adams on Linkedin Visit Frank Adams's Youtube Channel Visit Frank Adams's Vimeo Channel
    My Mood
    Busy
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Blog entryCreated Album picturesOverdriveYour first GroupRecommendation First ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Posting from my forum runner app.

jeepflood.jpg

OWNER ADMIN OF:
    1320NATION.COM

Administrator
    Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries

My Social Networking

My Mood
    Busy
    Achievements:
    The above post was from my phone and the app is a lot nicer then what I expected. I'm impressed.

What Mobile Phones Does It Support?

Currently, Forum Runner supports the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad as well as Android OS devices. We plan to support other devices such as Blackberry and Windows Mobile in the future.

browse.pngpush.png browse.png adsense.png moderate.png

Forum Runner Features:

OWNER ADMIN OF:
    1320NATION.COM

Super Moderator Awards:
    Posting Award

Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveRecommendation First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Cant wait to try that out. I have never used the tapalink

330LB C4 Racing/ Slo 4 Da Po Racing Super Heavy Hitter
    504-559-6939 TEAM APE SPONSORED
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jarion04/feed