Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveRecommendation First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran25000 Experience Points

trucks..trailers..and fuel mileage

What fuel mileage are you guys getting city, highway and pulling?? I'm curious. I have a 2011 FORD F-250 Diesel with a 16ft enclosed tandem axle. If I run diesel klean I can get 21-23mpg on the highway,16-18mpg city and 14mpg pulling. I dont think its to bad. I really hoping to get around 17-18mpg pulling with this diesel. its still alot better than the 6mpg I was getting with my 2003 Suburban

Similar Threads:
    330LB C4 Racing/ Slo 4 Da Po Racing Super Heavy Hitter
    504-559-6939 TEAM APE SPONSORED
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jarion04/feed

Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    I have an '04 Ford F-150 supercrew, 4wd with a 5.4. I can mid to high 18's on a trip, and about 16.5 around town. About 11.5 towing. Probably woudl be better, If I lived somewhere flat, but I live in western PA and it is pretty hilly and not really much highway. The long hills kill the fuel mileage. Would probably get 15 towing around your way.

I'm proud to be a loyal 1320Nation.com Member.

Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Achievements:
    My Duramax pulling my 8.5 x 26 (right at 8,000 lbs with bikes and track gear) I average 11 mpg towing hills around GA, SC, and NC at 75mph. I would get better fuel economy if I slowed down, but I like to get where I'm going.

Super Moderator Awards:
    Posting Award

Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Achievements:
    SocialOverdriveRecommendation First ClassCreated Blog entryVeteran25000 Experience Points
    I cant wait to get a programmer to see if it will make a big difference. A co-worker has a 06" and he swears he gets 18-19mpg pulling a big azz horse trailer loaded with horses and running 35" tires after I do know he went thru a set of 35" mickey thompson mud grips in one weekend

Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Big J View Post
    I cant wait to get a programmer to see if it will make a big difference. A co-worker has a 06" and he swears he gets 18-19mpg pulling a big azz horse trailer loaded with horses and running 35" tires after I do know he went thru a set of 35" mickey thompson mud grips in one weekend
    He should hand calculate his fuel because I would bet his mpg is a lot less than he thinks. The factory fuel estimator is sometimes off after you put a programmer on a Diesel. The only true calculation is hand calculated (Dividing the amount of fuel you put in from the mileage driven) My 6.0 would show 24 MPG but hand calculated it was 18-19 MPG. My duramax with the stock tires actually read correctly with what was on the dash and hand calculation 21-22 MPG hwy. After I went up a couple of tire sizes to 285s on my Duramax the dash read the same but hand calculated it was 18-19 MPG highway, so I lost a couple of MPG but the truck said it was the same.

Administrator
    Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entrySocialOverdriveCreated Album pictures1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    ^^^yeah that.

I'm headed back from Texas currently. Going down I had the RZR in bed of truck and about 1000lbs of boxes and crap inside cab. Drove thru the night Thursday and with cruise set at 74mph, I hand calculated 16.6mpg over the 1188 mile trip. Dash said I'd averaged 16.9mpg over same miles.

I'm 610 miles into my trip back to WV, dash is reading an average of 22.1 over those miles. I filled up at 465 miles into trip and hand calced 21.6mpg.

2 weeks from this Wednesday I hookup to the toy hauler. I've got a 65 gallon aux tank should be here this week. Going to plumb it in and gravity feed it. That way not stopping every 200 miles coming home.

Big J likes this.
    2006 GSXR 1k -- slow, for now...
    Reach me @ 903-263-9502 or jason.r.wray@gmail.com
    IF ANY TRACK INFORMATION IS INACCURATE, PLEASE PM OR EMAIL ME WITH THE CORRECT INFORMATION.

Administrator
    Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entrySocialOverdriveCreated Album pictures1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    I'm going to pull toy hauler and truck across some CAT scales headed home. I'm thinking I should gross 22-23K. Prolly end up being that or a little over.

I figure truck at 8500+, and camper has a dry weight of I think 13K. Then all my crap in it.

IF ANY TRACK INFORMATION IS INACCURATE, PLEASE PM OR EMAIL ME WITH THE CORRECT INFORMATION.

Super Moderator Awards:
    Posting Award

Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Achievements:
    Good read there Jason. I made the trip to Hub City over the weekend. Trailer is a bit heavier now. Cabinets made from 3/4" cabinet grade birch with a full tool box, cabinets loaded down plus bike and generator. Averaged 14.5 running 70mph . Tried on trip back without diesel clean 13.9

Administrator
    Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Is the clean cost effective for 0.6mpg?

Super Moderator Awards:
    Posting Award

Status
    vCash
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonW View Post
    Is the clean cost effective for 0.6mpg?
    no it really isnt on a short trip. But it pays for itself on a long one. But the most important fact is the added lubrication and keeping the fuel system clean.. I dont run it all the time. But when I hit the road i try to use it

estimated around $7.00 difference and the diesel klean is $9.00

but I have gotten 3-4mpg increase on longer trips

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast